Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Beginning Again

Oh my oh my where do I begin, again? I was first introduced to blogging as a 'blogger' when I had the privilege of being an author assistant. While I find blogging to be difficult, I mean honestly does anyone really want to read my random thoughts, I did begin to like it.

I stopped worrying about who if anyone would read my posts and started treating my blog like my own personal diary. Granted a tad weird diary as for the most part I was posting about books, release parties, etc. But I did start adding new pages where I would talk about my kids, cats, vetches, so it did feel like a diary.

Alas my time as an author assistant only lasted two years (I really did enjoy it) and I am now an event manager/virtual assistant for Palo Alto Networks. I still work virtually (I do a lot virtually hence the name of the blog) but my current position doesn't call for me to blog or social media. I miss my virtual community.

Well long story short, yes this is the shortened version, in my virtual traipsing around I stumbled across some Amazon review sites. You know how on Amazon you will read product reviews where the review includes the disclaimer: I received the product at a discount/free for my honest review.? Well I'm one of those people. Sometimes I pay full price, sometimes I get a huge discount on an item (I have yet to get anything for free but maybe one day) and I review.

Yes, my reviews are always honest although most groups do require that if you are going to give a 3 star or less that you reach out to the seller to see if the issue can be resolved. That's okay by me as well at one point in my virtual work world I worked for three Amazon sellers, so I know the back end of things and understand how that is important to the success of their product.

Soooooo after posting one of my reviews I read other reviews, I tend to do this to see if my experience was normal or weird. Anyway I saw a reviewer who was like me who also include a link to her blog where she posted all her reviews and I thought yes, I can do that. Thus getting back into my virtual social love of things.

I swear this is the short version of this tale. When I was an author assistant I used WordPress. Well I never fully understood how to work it and as I was using the free version the support wasn't all that great for me. One would think that as I've been working in a virtual setting for over three years now I'd have basic blogging technical skills down, I don't.  I use Google Apps or as I think of it Google for Business for all my online work and I can get live support (I'll talk about THAT in another post) so I'm setting up here on Blogger. So keep in mind I'm new to Blogger and accept all oops, goofs, typos, brain farts, etc. as either newbie, human or wine induced errors.

Once again I'm not going to worry about who if anyone follows me, but I do hope some folks do otherwise I might just be talking to myself and shoot we all know that's a sign of senility.

No comments:

Post a Comment