Tuesday, June 28, 2016

He's At It AGAIN!!!!!!!

Okay, if you have been with me since my first blog you are aware of my oldest child. You know the one I've tried to raise to be independent. The one I complained about on June 17th, just 11 days ago. Well that goober has done it again.
Mr. Independent

I'm sitting at my computer be productive at work when he comes traipsing down the stairs and asks me what is the email address I told him to use for me for important things. Silly me thought he was going to CC me on his college applications so I gave it to him. All the while being impressed that he had matured enough to remember I had told him to do so. He forwards me an email. It's not an application for college.

This fool has forwarded me flight information for a week long event that will be happening in North Carolina. When does he leave? This Sunday, today would be Tuesday in case you didn't know. Really? I have no clue what this is about. Why in the heck is he going to NC? He looks at me as if I'm the one who is pecan here and informs me that he mentioned this to me months ago. MENTIONED. Hello, I'm over 50 with a 3 year old, you cannot mention something to me and expect me to actually remember it, I'm lucky I remember to brush my teeth. Son of a biscuit I forgot to brush my teeth this morning. AGHHHH.

I just glare at him. He then proceeds to inform me that he didn't think he needed to tell me anything else as he had already arranged a ride to the airport. More glaring on my part.  When I ask him what possessed him to suddenly actually give me his flight information, I mean why not just get up on Sunday morning and leave? He just looked at me with a goofy butt grin on his face and shrugged his shoulders. More glaring.

I then ask logical questions, where are you staying, does this include food, what the heck are you going to NC for? He finds me a map of the campus he'll be staying at. He THINKS they might provide breakfast. And he tells me that it is for CONA; like I know what the heck that means. My eyelid is starting to twitch.

I have since emailed his sponsor to see if maybe oh I don't know she can tell me some of the details as since when I go on the CONA website (http://ymcacona.org/) I don't get any necessary information, just a basic overview of the program.

Yes, I'm proud of him. But I'm pretty darn sure I want to smack him too.


No comments:

Post a Comment