Friday, June 17, 2016

Have to Love an Independent Child

It's my own darn fault. It really is. I was a single parent (I am now in a relationship with the man he considers his father) when I first had Sugar Britches and I have always made it a point to teach him to be independent.

He has been gone for almost a week now. He qualified for a spot on his speech and debate team for Nationals in Salt Lake City, Utah. I've texted and inquired how were things going. Silence. I heard from him once and that was to send me this photo.



Sugar Britches is the second from the left. I will say that is a beautiful photo. But did he include any words with this photo? Nope. Nothing to even explain what the ribbons everyone is wearing. He's due home tomorrow, so last night I sent a text asking what time was his flight landing, yes I know I should know that already. And I have an email with all that information somewhere, but hey I figure I would just ask him. Did I get an answer? Nope. You know what that stinker did? He texted his father about his travel plans. Seriously? I swear it would serve him right if I became a helicopter mother. I mean I think he is taking this independence thing a bit too far.


No comments:

Post a Comment